-->

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Crayons in a hot Car

I hear the audible groans but it's not what you think.  I grew up in Southern California.  On more than one occasion I recall getting into the hot car with the eau du Crayola permeating the air because I'd left my box of crayons sitting on the seat (sorry, Mom!).  This was the flashback I kept having while working on this project. 

My kids were never big on crayons so I have loads and loads of them stashed away.  In my blog wanderings I stumbled upon a woman who did some fun crayon art with her kids and that led me to this.  This is an exercise in Melted Crayon Pointillism.

I was thinking I'd make something to put in the shop but instead made something to put on my office wall.


 
It took longer than I expected but I have to say, there is just something about the smell of crayons that brings back such happy childhood memories.  (That and the fact that I bought a new box of Glitter crayons for this too.  Love a box of new crayons with their pointy little tops!).

I used adhesive-backed 4" x 4" canvases for the base.  I think I'll plop them in a frame and stick them on the wall.  Loving the bright cheery colors on these. 

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

2 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

Totally great idea! My mind is racing on what I can do with this concept! Thanks!

Kristen :-) said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog for the OWH blog hop! :-) I too love the smell of crayons!! (thought I was the only one who hoards crayons as an adult!) This is a GREAT project... looks like fun! :-)