-->

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fold It, Pop It, Flip It, Zip It

I recently took an interactive card class taught by Julie Ebersole.  It was fantastic.  She is an incredible teacher and I learned so many great techniques that I had always thought would be much too time consuming. 

Here are some of the cards I created:

The umbrella lifts to reveal a message ("Feel Better")

A shadow box card.  This lays flat to mail but pops up to reveal multi-dimensional embellishments.
This is a buckle card.  The middle element flip around to reveal a sentiment or image on the back.  I've listed this one here in the shop.

A zipper card.  When the tab to the right is pulled a hidden message is revealed ("You're one of a kind!")


I also learned how to make scratch-off (you know...with the grey stuff that you rub off with a penny), honeycomb pop-up, spinner, marquee, and view master cards (and a couple more).  Lots of fun and talk about papery potential?  Get outta here!

If you enjoy making cards I highly recommend Julie Ebersole as a teacher.  Good stuff.

8 comments:

Ellen Taylor said...

Fun cards! Love the umbrella with the message flap! So creative!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Those are wonderful!

Handmade in Israel said...

How fabulous! It sounds like you learnt so much! I love the card with the balloons and bunting especially.

Emily Keaton said...

Get OUT! These interactive cards are just amazing and so fun. Looks like that class was fantastic!

Carole said...

I love learning new techniques. You've done so well. Great cards. I saw you were out and about so I thought I'd stop by to say HI
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

Katherine said...

Wow! That looks like one great class. Love the cards.

Chrissy Larson said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! LOVE these cards. That umbrella is adorable. This was such a fun class. I can't wait to make some more fun cards and see more of yours!

Chrissy Larson said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! LOVE these cards...especially the umbrella. That is SO cute!! Wasn't this a fun class? I can't wait to take more!