-->

Friday, May 18, 2012

Play Date Cafe - Splash of Yellow

It's been a while since I've played along with any card challenges.  I just couldn't resist when I saw this one from Play Date Cafe though.  Lovin' the grey and black with a splash of yellow  of the inspiration photo. 



It also helped that the umbrella stamp and die set just showed up in my mailbox a couple of days ago.  :)

Here's my card:



I made it for my sister and brother-in-law who have been so supportive of my family the past few years as we've dealt with life's ups and downs.  They are awesome and we're so fortunate to have them in our lives.

Here's the scoop on the card...
I die-cut the umbrella base from an old page protector.  I had those old transparent umbrellas in mind.  The clouds were stamped with background stamps and then I cut around the cloud image.  The raindrops have little bits of sparkly clear Stickles on them to be shimmery and shiny like rain.

Thanks for peekin'.  :) Julie

5 comments:

lori vliegen said...

what a yummy color combination.....love it! and speaking of love, your card is fabulous! enjoy your week ahead! xoxo

Virginia L. said...

Super creative idea! I love your take on the colors!

Donna B. said...

Cute card!! Love the umbrella and the sentiment!! Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Handmade in Israel said...

Very nice. You did a great job!

VanessaB said...

this is awesome. love it :)