-->

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Yo Gabba Gabba - 1, Julie - 0

I love my customers.  They come up with the greatest ideas for my paper bag puppet cards and really get my creative mojo going by asking me to create custom items for them. 

In the past couple of months I've had several people ask me if I make Yo Gabba Gabba invitations.  What?!   You haven't heard of Brobee, Foofa, Toodee, Muno or Plex?  How about DJ Lance Rock?  My littlest one just entered double digits so I hadn't either, but these happy little dancing beasties are all the rage with the preschool crowd these days. 

So I spent the other day designing, cutting and pasting and came up with these little wonders.


Kinda cute, aren't they?  I was so pleased with the way they turned out and added them to my Etsy shop right away eagerly awaiting some feedback. 

But alas, (queue the creepy music) before you could say "Tiny Ugly Germs" (villains in Gabba Gabba Land)



an attorney for GabbaCaDabra came raining down on my parade uttering big words like "Copyright Infringement" and "Deactivation" and "Exclusive Property".

Oh.  (Unhappy face)  Yeah,  I did make them look like the characters.  But ...
there are lots of other Yo Gabba Gabba items on Etsy...digital ones and mass-produced ones not hand-crafted piece by itty-bitty piece with tender loving care like mine.

 I don't think that argument will pull any weight with her though.  I guess what Mom said is true.  "If all of your friends were jumping off a cliff..."

Darn.

1 comment:

doodlebugmom said...

Well that just sucks. They are cute tho, even tho I don't know who the little buggers are ;)