-->

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Can we do it? Yes, we can!

This is a completely atypical post for me as it has nothing whatsoever to do with paper, stamping, cards, scrapbooks or Etsy.  I just saw this pinned on Pinterest and I could swear I heard angels singing as if the hand of God came down and pointed at me. 

I am a (how shall I say this?) "laid-back" housekeeper.  I don't require completely pristine surroundings but I would prefer to sit in my family room without having to scootch piles of laundry over or go into the kitchen to make dinner without recoiling at puddles of God-only-knows-what solidifying on my counter.  With three very capable children and an equally capable husband it seems to me that my house should remain in a reasonable respectable state on a regular basis as we all happily whistle while we work.  But it doesn't.  Not by a long shot.  I go on housecleaning strike occasionally just to see if anybody notices that clothes or dished don't get washed.  Sweeping?  Ha!  I don't want to tell you how long dishes sat in the kitchen before I threw my hands up in despair and collapsed in a heap on the (crumb-littered) floor as the reality of my situation struck me.  It wasn't pretty, people.

Check out this post at The Fun, Cheap or Free Queen.  While I haven't tried her method yet I'm up for giving it a whirl.  Who's with me?

3 comments:

trisha too said...

Oh, yes, this sounds very familiar . . . I haven't looked at that post yet, but it sounds as if you and I are living the same life in the domestic department.

However, our 4 children are teens and older, so I have to say, they are better at the whole housekeeping thing than they used to be.

And I have totally gone on housework strike before, sometimes as an experiment, occasionally as a declaration of war on lazy children!

Oh. Yes. And thank you for the comment on my Party Cat at Blockheads.

:)

Lucy Edmondson said...

I am totally with you on the slovenly housewife front. What is the point of spending all your time cleaning, it will just need doing again soon enough. I read the list but I thought there was going to be a joke at the end - I didn't think it was serious,

Lucy x

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I'm printing out that list as we speak.

Because I'm a clutter nazi (craft room doesn't count), I can have the house picked up in minutes. But don't ask me that last time I scrubbed the bathroom floors....or cleaned the windows (never)(in four years)....nobody has gotten sick or dropped dead yet, so I like to think of it as making the kiddos immune systems strong :)