-->

Friday, January 4, 2013

Mixed Media-ish Card

All of my good intentions to clean up my creative space are still waiting to be fulfilled but I decided to get in there anyway and get messy.  My nephew recently bought his first home.  I whipped up some funky coasters as a gift for him. 


They remind me of a tidepool - a mix of anemones, crabs, seaweed, and cold, clear seawater.  The bright colors on these inspired the colors on this card:

 Lots of fun playing around with various inks on this baby.  Started with a white base then I put a number stencil down and sprayed it with blue Dylusions ink.  It ended up being a bit too intense so I toned it down by swiping Picket Fence Distress Stain over it.


The houses were stamped on a separate piece of cardstock and cut out.  I colored them with copics; they remind me of houses in San Francisco.  The grass is embossed with a TH ledger embossing folder and direct-to-papered over the top with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.


I cut out the clouds with a Memory Box die and stenciled over the top with some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  They needed the pen outline to help them stand out from the "sky".  A little honeycomb background stamp is on the sun.  The banner is pieced together with the middle piece lifted off the back.

 I'm surprised I found room (or supplies) in here to make ANYTHING!  Maybe now that I got some creative juju out of my system I can get busy...

2 comments:

kingstonmama said...

What a fabulous card! I love all of the colors you've used. Those coasters are great, too. It looks like you've used alcohol inks? I've been wanting to try that. :) Ann Y.

Jean said...

This is beautiful - love how you've decorated the houses.