-->

Sunday, May 26, 2013

PDCC and PaperArtsy Inspiration

I have so many other things I should be doing - laundry, general housecleaning, weeding - but my muse has been very chatty lately.  Today's tag brought to you by the PDCC Nauti-Cool colors of Navy, School Bus and Grass and Carol Quance, the guest designer over at PaperArtsy last week.  See her creation here.


I used Distress Paints(Mowed Grass, Mustard Seed) for my background over a grey shipping tag.  The fish are from a Stampin Up set that I've for...ever.  I colored them with copics and my Signo Uniball pen.
The 'seaweed' was cut using my Festive Greenery die by Tim Holtz/Sizzix.  (Pssst...see that little bit on the bottom I forgot to poke out?  Taken care of...)


Ribbon was dyed with Mowed Grass Distress Stain.



From Carol I borrowed the idea to use UTEE to accent the edges of the tag (base ink is silver pigment), and the fish (base ink VersaMark).  On the seaweed I used silver pigment ink topped with midnight blue embossing powder.


Okay.  I *really* need to go do something outside of my studio now...

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Redanne said...

Your tag is delightful, love the fish and that was a great idea to use the festive greenery for the seaweed. Love the elements of embossing too, they really draw the eye in. Love this! Hugs, Anne x

Karin said...

Stunning tag, gorgeous color and i love the cute fish!
Groetjes karin

Unknown said...

The artist seems to be inspired from sea . The fish and sea weeds looks awesome in this paper art .

Inspirational Speaker

Thanks
Mark Duin

Mary said...

Awesome tag! Your little fishies are too cute!

Rachel said...

this is a beautiful tag! i love how your ribbon looks after you dyed it! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Donna B. said...

Gorgeous tag!! Love the fish and the seaweed - I'm going to have to check out that die! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.