-->

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Green

I completely forgot about posting this, but a few weeks ago the Stampotique Designers threw out a green challenge.  One of my fave Stampotique stamps is Spray by Maryse Carrier.  I love that it's unusual.  It reminds of a funky flower, the eyeball of some kind of creature, a sun...  It got lost in my stash for a while, but I've recently resurrected it in a few projects like this ATC.

I stamped the base with Distress Inks (Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn) and then squirted them water.  Smooshed them around in some Distress Stain (Mowed Lawn) and then, after it dried,  stamped the image again over the top with Mowed Lawn.  I like the layered look that resulted.

I'm adding this to the SDC 138.

Cheers!

3 comments:

massofhair said...

Love the whole piece, gorgeous green colours and stamps:-) xxx

Kay Wallace said...

Not too late, Julie, so glad you got it posted! Love all the green, and that Emerson quote couldn't fit any better! Timely advice! Thanks so much for joining us in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge again!

*Arwen* said...

Your card is wonderful!
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique DC

xx Arwen