-->

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

SDC 165 - Just One Stamp

I needed to veer away from my usual routine for Sam's 'Just One Stamp' challenge this week over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog.  I am enamored of Trish Latimer's art dolls.  (If you haven't seen them you really need to check out her blog and take a peek.)  I was absolutely inspired by her when I used Linda this week to make my little something-something.


I've had this one wooden alphabet block sitting around for ages.  I gesso'd it up and then covered the non-letter sides with scraps of painted tissue I had in my stash.  Some little buttons and a heart sticker finished off her body.


I glued a piece of a book page to chipboard and then stamped Linda's head over that and cut it out.  Her cheeks and eyes are colored with Copics and then I added some Diamond Glaze to her eyes to make them shiny and dimensional.  Some doll hair, which I've had for (ahem) 17 years(!) finished off her head.


I wrapped some wire around a skewer for her arms and cut up a chopstick for her legs.  I stamped Linda's lower half onto tissue paper, colored her shorts with Copics and then glued that onto the chopsticks.  Her shoes are chipboard.

This was a really fun project; I just need to figure out where to hang her.  What are you going to do for the challenge this week?  Want to give an art doll a try?

13 comments:

Claudine said...

Ohh, this is so cool, I've had one of these blocks for ages too, I will have to make myself one of these dolls, so darn cute!!

sally said...

What a great idea, I hope you hang her up somewhere soon!

Sally

Jackie said...

Great job! Trish would be proud of your art doll I am sure! She looks fabulous!

Corrie Herriman said...

Very cool ! I did see Trish's dolls and I think it is a great idea. I love yours !
Corrie x

Kay Wallace said...

Your little "something-something" doll is just so darn cute, Julie! Such a clever idea!

massofhair said...

Amazing Art Doll Julie, very cool for this weeks challenge. Have visited and followed Trish Latimer's blog as I would love to make something like this, thank you for the link :-)

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great!

Lucy x

Carol said...

Love her what a fab project Have a great weekeend

Trish Latimer said...

love her Julie! That hair is fab! Great idea about using wire coils for arms, looks really effective! xxxxxxxxx

Handmade in Israel said...

I love her! You did a great job. Have you found a home for her yet?

Julie S said...

Thanks! As of right now, she's dangling precariously from a book shelf support. She'll be re-homed at some point but for now she's happy (and not buried by miscellany on my desk!). ;)

Kate said...

So cool. Love what you've done with here !!!

Juliz Design Post said...

Love your little doll. I made a similar shaped puppet with tin foil when I was a child. So blast to the past for me.
Julie x