-->

Monday, February 16, 2015

Shrinky Dinks on ATCs

I've had a package of Shrinky Dinks in my drawer for years.  Every once in a while I pull it out and make a little something, but for the most part it lays there forgotten.  When it was time to pick a technique I wanted to do for the PAT (pick a theme) swap they popped into my brain.  Here are two of the ATCs I made with them.


I had been planning on adding some pearls or something to this but completely forgot to do it.  Oops.


I found this flying watch stamp at JoAnns last week for $3.  Couldn't resist that!

It always amazes me to see how much they shrink down - about 1/3 of the original size - but still keep the detail of the original.  I used Staz-On ink to stamp the images and then painted with acrylic paints on the backs of the pieces post shrinking.  In the past I've used Copics to color images and that worked well.  I've never tried it, but colored pencils are supposed to work well too.

They're fun to play with.  Give it a go!

2 comments:

massofhair said...

Two fabulous ATC's Julie, love shrink plastic and the things you can make with it:-) xxx

Corrie Herriman said...

I think your ATC's are wonderful !
Corrie x