-->

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

ICAD Storage and Another Warm-Up Card

I posed the question on Facebook, to those more experienced than I, asking what to do with these altered index cards once you've completed them.  There were great responses: add them to an art journal, save them to re-work next year, use as postcards, enjoy the process and then toss them.  I decided (for now at least) to use one responder's suggestion to use a Celestial Seasonings box to store them; it's the perfect size and I can wander through them down the road when The Muse is snoozing.

Speaking of The Muse, she's been whispering to me the last couple of days and  I've been spending some time in the ol' studio of late.  Love that.  While the pan's hot, so to speak, I went to work altering my new ICAD storage box.  (I hope I remember that the random bag of tea on the shelf is Lemon Zinger.)




I layered random bits of paper and washi tape on the box and then gessoed over the lot  I added paint over that using stencils, my fingers, pens, dots and dabs, etc.

I have another ICAD Warm-Up card to share too; Theme: Haiku.  I'm not really sure how this came to be.  I think I just decided to use something besides acrylics and so pulled out my watercolor crayons.  And swirly circles are fun so I drew some.  Eventually it became this...


Just in case your school days are way back in the rear view mirror, a haiku poem is one that has 5 syllables in the first line, 7 in the second and 5 in the third.  I know mine is random.  But that's so me, ya' know?

Still a week to go until we officially start.  Plenty of time to join...

No comments: