-->

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Today I Feel Like An Artist

I always feel hesitant to call myself an artist.  It seems so presumptuous given that I really have no artistic training.  But I do secretly like to think of myself as an artist.  I feel like my creations have evolved and have gotten to a place where I'm happier with composition, texture, color choices, etc.  It's taken a lot of practice, but I'm getting there.

For my ICAD today I took a leap (for me) and did everything myself; no depending on another artist's rendition via red rubber or digital media.  I took one of the index cards which had previously met my gelli plate and drew some flowers.  Next came some (quite a bit, actually) acrylic paint.  I love acrylics - so forgiving and malleable. A smidge more pen work (Signo uniball roller - my 'go to' white pen) finished it off.


I'm really happy with the way this turned out.  Have I turned a corner in my artistic endeavors?  I don't know, but it's a great start!



1 comment:

Cheetarah said...

It's beautiful Julie! And I know what you mean about being hesitant on calling yourself an artist (I have that same problem!) but you definitely are!