-->

Monday, August 22, 2016

VLVS August Challenge - Bette Davis Eyes

My weird, funky side absolutely loves the "I'm a Weirdo" plate (that's what I call it) from VLVS.  When I saw the August challenge at their blog the hardest decision was to figure out which one of the whimsical beings I wanted to use.  This little lovely and her little pet delight me.  :)

I had a gesso'd playing card sitting on my desk from another project and decided to use it for my base.  I brushed some Absorbent Ground over the top so I could use Dylusions spray inks and have them still be bright.  I think gesso just kind of soaks up the color and mutes it too much.  

Once the ground was dry I sprayed, splattered and swirled some Dylusions over the top.  Next, I stamped and stencilled some more bits on the background and then stamped the main image on a separate piece of paper.  She and her little pet were colored with Copics and fussy cut; I added a bit of Glossy Accents on their eyes to make them stand out a bit, too.



Finito!

6 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

What a fun ATC Julie ! Love it !
Corrie x

by belle said...

So fun Julie!!

Mixedmediajenn said...

Julie!! This is fantastic!

Julie S said...

Thanks, Jenn!!

Julie S said...

Thank you! I had fun making her. :)

Julie S said...

Thank you, Corrie!!