-->

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Black and White + One Color

What a great theme for a challenge!  I love the contrast of the starkness of black and white with a pop of color.  I have been wanting to do a spotlighting technique for a while and this challenge provided the perfect incentive.  Here's my ATC for Rubber Dance's bi-monthly challenge.


I tried to get a pic of the blue because it's so pretty in real life.  I used Lindy's Art Gang Starburst spray to paint the blue on and it has such a pretty shine to it.


Can you see it?  Well, trust me...it's there.  ;)  I LOVE these feathers from Rubber Dance.  So pretty.

In my part of the world we're celebrating Easter today.  If this is your holiday too, I wish you a very happy Easter!

5 comments:

Bibi Lindahl said...

WOW, this is such a cool ATC, Julie!! Love how you've stamped the feather inside the circle and outside on the frame like that! All the spotlighting techniques I have seen before have been with a circle on top, not inside or behind like this. Such a fun idea! Thank you for using our stamps and joining our Black & White + One colour Challenge at Rubber Dance ♥

Sue said...

This is really lovely Julie, the spotlight technique works so well for this stamp, and the blue is beautiful!Thank you so much for sharing with us at Rubber Dance, and have a fabulous week. Sue xx

Susanne Rose said...

Love your work!!! Gorgeous ATC, love how you used the feather! Thank you for joining us over at the Rubber Dance Challenge. xx Susanne

ionabunny said...

Happy Easter Julie. Love this. Love how you spotlit the feather and the blue is gorgeous. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Yasmina TIN-SANG said...

Beautiful ATC Julie!
Thanks for joining us at Rubber Dance
Yasmina