-->

Monday, January 15, 2018

You're Fascinating - Mail Art

Inspiration is a strange and funny thing.  I love to participate in artsy challenges and more often than not I have to work at it to come up with a project that fits the theme since it hasn't happened organically.  Not so for this month's VLVS challenge.  As soon as I saw it I knew it would be easy breezy for me.  Not sure why; maybe it was the yummy green background or possibly the quirky image (I love me some quirky!), but regardless, my project came together super fast.  Love it when that happens!


I was going through my stamps a few days ago (in an attempt to organize them a bit) and came across this sentiment.  I had totally forgotten that it was in my stash.  It's been haunting me ever since and I knew I needed to find a way to use it.  I just like this weird bird, too.  :)

I covered my envie with Distress inks (Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron), sprinkled water, did a little background stamping and stenciling and was done.  The bird is colored with Copics and highlighted with white gel pen.  I also used the gel pen on some of the water splotches to brighten up the background a bit.


And here's the inspiration pic that started it all:


Now the trick will be to find somebody to send this to who won't be offended.  Ha ha!!

6 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous envelope Julie ! Thanks for joining us over at VLVS!
Corrie x

ionabunny said...

That weird bird is so cute. Fab envie. Hugz

by belle said...

I love how you colored the bird!!!

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

Fantastic! ! Thank you for joining the VLVS challenge this month xx

Tera Callihan said...

Okay so you already know I love mail art oh, and I am super excited to be used by a bird stamp on your envelope! So course I think this is awesome love how you achieved the super bright colors that match the board perfectly and that saying is freaking hilarious I didn't even know we had the stamp it might end up in my cart for this sale!Thanks for joining us at Viva las Vegastamps for the challenge.

Julie S said...

LOL...thanks, Tera! Isn't that sentiment great? Cracks me up.